If you are in a marriage, or have been in a marriage, you know how difficult it can be to communicate about money and finances. Whether it is talking about one partner spending too much or figuring out the benefits or a shared bank account – none of the conversations are ever very easy.
There are keys to making those conversations more productive however, and recently WolfBridge CEO, Michael Kothakota, sat down to discuss them.
PLAY: [audio:http://wolfbridgefinancial.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/CommunicatingFinanceswithYourSpouse_WolfBridgeFinancial.mp3] [wpdm_file id=8]
1. Is talking about money with your spouse important?
2. Are there times when you should hide or keep financial information from your spouse?
3. Is it important to have a shared bank account when you’re married?
4. Are there things you shouldn’t talk about with your spouse when it comes to money or spending?
5. What is the most important things you need to understand when it comes to spousal finances?
6. Is there a secret to handling financial issues in a marriage?
Do you have any secrets to share when it comes to talking about money and finances with your spouse or partner? Are there tips you can provide other married couples on how to talk about money? Feel free to share them in the comments section below.